Your Data and our Privacy Promise
Thank you for shopping at www.nationalgallery.co.uk. We value our customers' privacy and have taken great care to ensure the security of your transactions with us. We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential. We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is National Gallery Company Limited, which is a company registered in England and Wales under number 2280277 whose registered office is at St Vincent House, 30 Orange Street, London WC2H 7HH.
1. What information do we collect about you?
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and we will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our Website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our Website ("User Information"). Please see our Cookies Policy to learn more. We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
2. How we use your information
We use User Information for the following purposes:
- Processing and fulfilling your orders (including billing and delivery of the same);
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To administer this Website;
- To understand our audience better;
- To notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Communications from us
When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from us, by post or e-mail, about products, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you do not tick the relevant box or you untick the relevant box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail by using the “unsubscribe" link in the email or editing the preferences in your profile.
5. Data disclosure
We may disclose the User Information to the National Gallery for their internal purposes and so they can contact you where this is appropriate. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes. We may disclose the User Information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose the User Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if National Gallery Company Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share the User Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of National Gallery Company Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Website links
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies (or lack thereof). Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Contact us