The National Gallery Technical Bulletin is a unique record of research carried out at the National Gallery. Drawing on the combined expertise of curators, conservators, and scientists, it brings together a wealth of information about artists' materials, practices, and techniques.
Volume 22 of the Technical Bulletin contains the following essays:
- Uccello's Battle of San Romano
- Vincenzo Foppa's Adoration of the Kings
- Two Panels by Ercole de' Roberti and the Identification of Veluto Morello
- Andrea del Sarto's The Virgin and Child with Saint Elizabeth and Saint John the Baptist
- Colour Change in The Conversion of the Magdalen Attributed to Pedro Campaña
- A Survey of 19th- and Early 20th-Century Varnish Compositions Found on a Selection of Paintings in the National Gallery Collection
- The Mechanical Behaviour and Environmental Response of Paintings to Three Types of Lining Treatment
Ashok Roy is Director of Science at the National Gallery.