Masterpieces From The National Gallery
In this beautifully illustrated guide book, thirty-six of the National Gallery's most loved paintings are reproduced in full, together with enlarged details.
The lively and informative text highlights the most interesting aspects of each painting, and directs the reader to other related works.
Each of the featured paintings, which together outline the main innovations in art history, is discussed in fascinating detail making this guide book both an attractive short introduction to the National Gallery and the ideal souvenir of a visit.
Among the paintings included are:
- Van Eyck's Portrait of Giovanni Arnolfini and his Wife
- Piero della Francesca's The Baptism of Christ
- Botticelli's Venus and Mars
- Leonardo da Vinci's The Virgin of the Rocks
- Durer's Saint Jerome
- Michelangelo's The Entombment
- Titian's Bacchus and Ariadne
- Bronzino's An Allegory with Venus and Cupid
- Caravaggio's The Supper at Emmaus
- Rembrandt's Belshazzar's Feast
- Poussin's A Bacchanalian Revel before a Term of Pan
- Velazquez's 'The Rokeby Venus'
- Vermeer's A Young Woman Standing at a Virginal
- Turner's The Fighting Temeraire
- Ingres' Madame Moitessier
- Monet's Bathers at La Grenouillere
- Degas' Miss La La at the Cirque Fernando
- Cezanne's Self Portrait
- Seurat's Bathers at Asnieres
- Van Gogh's Sunflowers
|Publisher||National Gallery Company|
|Dimensions||210 mm X 185 mm|