Technical Bulletin 31
The National Gallery Technical Bulletin is a unique record of research carried out at the National Gallery. Drawing on the combined expertise of curators, conservators, and scientists, it brings together a wealth of information about artists' materials, practices, and techniques.
Volume 31 of the Technical Bulletin contains the following essays:
- In Search of Verrocchio, Painter and Master: The Virgin and Child with Two Angels
- Giorgione and not Giorgione: The Conservation History and Technical Examination of Il Tramonto
- The Virgin and Child with an Angel, after Francia: A History of Error
- Two Copies of Perugino's Baptism of Christ
- Rembrandt's Portrait(s?) of Frederik Rihel
- Mastic and Megilp in Reynold's Lord Heathfield of Gibraltar: A Challenge for Conservation
Ashok Roy is Director of Science at the National Gallery.
|Publisher||National Gallery Company|
|Series Editor||Ashok Roy|
|Dimensions||29.7 cm X 21 cm|