The National Gallery Technical Bulletin is a unique record of research carried out at the National Gallery. Drawing on the combined expertise of curators, conservators, and scientists, it brings together a wealth of information about artists' materials, practices, and techniques.
Volume 26 of the Technical Bulletin contains the following essays:
- The Evolution of Rubens’s Judgement of Paris
- The Design Practices of the Dutch Architectural Painter Bartholomeus van Bassen
- Mazo’s Queen Mariana of Spain in Mourning
- Investigation of Pigment-Medium Interaction Processes in Oil Paint containing Degraded Smalt
- The Technology of Red Lake Pigment Manufacture through Study of the Dyestuff Substrate
- Analysis of Paint Media: New Studies of Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth and Sixteenth Centuries
Ashok Roy is Director of Science at the National Gallery.