View our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants here.
Contract status: permanent
Hours: full time (35 hours per week)
Starting April 2019
The National Gallery Company Limited is the trading arm of the National Gallery, established to provide revenue for the National Gallery from a range of operations including retail, publishing, digital sales, commercial events and brand licensing. Our work enhances the visitor experience and helps to safeguard some of the country’s most valuable works of art.
We have a vacancy for an experienced Assistant Accountant, preferably with Retail experience, to join the Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be an ambitious, efficient motivated and highly driven individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively prioritise your workload. The key duties are:
- Preparation of management accounts
- Month end accounting, including accruals & prepayments
- Preparation of VAT, EC Sales list and other HMRC returns
- Provide support with the annual budgeting & forecasting process
- Overseeing and providing cover for sales, purchase and cash ledger processes
- Maintenance and administration of the fixed asset register
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
The successful candidate will be AAT qualified with experience of working at an equivalent level. A high level of IT proficiency including intermediate/advanced MS Excel skills (Vlookup & pivot tables), the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and exceptional attention to detail are essential skills. Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics Navision and jet reports is desirable.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org a cover letter and your CV. .
- Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2019
- Interviews to be held on: 20th March, 2019
If you haven’t been contacted by 4th March, your application has not been successful.Assistant Accountant Job Description