London: The Art Guide
London: The Art Guide is the perfect guidebook for all artlovers who visit or live in London, and an essential reference book for anyone interested in the history of art.
Its unique approach draws on the cream of London’s museums and galleries to create an easily navigable, narrative history of art and allows you to locate your favourite artist or style of art in any museum and follow it throughout the museums of London.
Do you like the pre-Raphaelites?London: The Art Guidewill show you where to find their works in London, from great masterpieces in world-famous institutions to hidden gems housed in galleries off the beaten track. From Burne-Jones’s stained glass in Holy Trinity Church in Sloane Street, move on to Millais’s ‘Ophelia’ in Tate Britain; jump on the tube to visit the fine selection of pre-Raphaelite paintings at the William Morris Gallery.
London: The Art Guide also features concise histories and critical analyses of many important artists as well as key movements, showing you where to see, for example, Francis Bacon’s iconic works and pinpointing his London haunts. See below for our exclusive interactive map preview of Francis Bacon's London.
- ‘Short tour’ and ‘also see’ sections allow you to trace your favourite period or style throughout the museums and galleries of London
- ‘Artist in focus’ sections present a full tour of London’s holdings of iconic artists
- Extensive reference sections and city maps enable you to use the book as an illustrated guide to every one of London’s museums and galleries
- Individual chapters guide the reader through a thematic, narrative history of art
- Expert commentary throughout on the movements and artists
|publisher||Thames & Hudson|
|Dimensions||14.5 X 20.1 X 2.3 cm|
UK Standard Delivery
Delivery within 10 days with Royal Mail 48. More information on delivery
Delivery within 15 days. More information on delivery
UK Express - Signed Delivery
Delivery within 5 days. More information on delivery
We hope that you will love everything you buy from us, however, if you're not completely happy with your order you can return it to us within 14 days of receipt.
Exceptions apply to made-to-order products. More information on Returns & Refunds
You might also like
Email when in stock
Please enter your email address below and we will contact you when it comes back in stock.
We will send you an email when this product arrives in stock.