Private Life Of A Masterpiece: The Complete Series DVD
This award-winning series reveals the full and fascinating stories behind famous works of art, not just how they came to be created, but also how they influenced others and came to have a life of their own in the modern world.
The works of art featured are both instantly familiar and profoundly mysterious. Revolutionary in their conception, and iconic years after their execution, they each have their own compelling stories. For behind the beautiful canvases and sculptures are tales of political revolution, wartime escapes, massive ego clashes, social scandal, financial wrangling and shocking violence.
The artists and works included are:
- Renaissance Masterpieces: Sandro Botticelli: La Primavera; Paolo Uccello: The Battle of San Romano; Leonardo da Vinci: The Last Supper; Piero della Francesca: The Resurrection.
- Seventeenth Century Masters: Rembrandt van Rijn: The Night Watch; Johannes Vermeer: The Art of Painting; Diego Velazquez: The Rokeby Venus.
- Masterpieces 1800 to 1850: Francisco Goya: The Third of May 1808; Eugene Delacroix: Liberty Leading the People; Katsushika Hokusai: The Great Wave.
- Masterpieces 1851 to 1900: Edouard Manet: Le Déjeuner Sur L'Herbe; James McNeill Whistler: Portrait of the Artist’s Mother; Edvard Munch: The Scream.
- Impressionism and the Post Impressionists: Auguste Renoir: Dance at the Moulin de la Galette; Vincent Van Gogh: The Sunflowers; Georges Seurat: A Sunday on La Grande Jatte 1884.
- Masterpieces of the Twentieth Century: Pablo Picasso: Les Demoiselles d'Avignon; Gustav Klimt: The Kiss; Salvador Dali: Christ of St. John of the Cross.
- Masterpieces of Sculpture: Michelangelo: David; Edgar Degas: Little Dancer Aged 14; Auguste Rodin: The Kiss. In this fascinating series key works of art are investigated and the intricate details of their lives revealed - the history, contemporary reactions, and legacies of each are illustrated.
|Box Dimensions||18 x 13 cm|
|Published||17 September 2007|
|Publisher||2 Entertain Video|
UK Standard Delivery
Delivery within 7 days with Royal Mail 24 or within 10 days with Royal Mail 48. More information on delivery
Delivery within 15 days. More information on delivery
UK Express - Signed Delivery
Delivery within 5 days. More information on delivery
We hope that you will love everything you buy from us, however, if you're not completely happy with your order you can return it to us within 14 days of receipt.
Exceptions apply to made-to-order products. More information on Returns & Refunds
You might also like
Email when in stock
Please enter your email address below and we will contact you when it comes back in stock.
We will send you an email when this product arrives in stock.
- National Gallery Books
- National Gallery Guidebooks
- New Arrivals
- Artists Books
- Art Books By Subject
- Art History Books
- Art Reference Books
- Art Criticism and Theory Books
- Art Conservation and Science Books
- Art Techniques
- Art Books By Series
- Art Books Fiction
- Children's Books
- Art DVDs
- Art CDs
- Books Sale