Visual Arts and the Law: A Handbook for Professionals
This essential handbook offers art professionals and collectors an accessible legal analysis of important principles in art law, as well as a practical guide to legal rights when creating, buying, selling and collecting art in a global market. Although the book is international in scope, there is a particular focus on the US as a major art centre and the site of countless key international court cases.
The book embraces the interdependence between legal, ethical, as well as art-historical considerations. It addresses fundamental topics such as:
- the role of due diligence in buying and selling art;
- the issues which can arise when relationships or transactions are not formalized by a written contract;
- critical differences in individual nations' copyright regimes, such as moral rights and artist resale rights;
- how courts analyse copyright infringement cases in visual art;
- specific laws relating to auctions and the relationships among the auction house, consignor and buyer;
- the balance between freedom of expression and an individual's rights of privacy and publicity;
- the liabilities of expert opinions on authenticity and on the valuation of works of art;
- and how the statutes of limitation apply to works that have been stolen or whose legal title is otherwise challenged.
This authoritative but accessible and wide-ranging volume is essential reading for arts advisors, collectors, dealers, auction houses, museums, investors, artists, attorneys, and students of art and law.
|Author||Judith B. Prowda|
|dimensions||24.6 x 17 x 2.6 cm|
UK Standard Delivery
Delivery within 7 days with Royal Mail 24 or within 10 days with Royal Mail 48. More information on delivery
Delivery within 15 days. More information on delivery
UK Express - Signed Delivery
Delivery within 5 days. More information on delivery
We hope that you will love everything you buy from us, however, if you're not completely happy with your order you can return it to us within 14 days of receipt.
Exceptions apply to made-to-order products. More information on Returns & Refunds
You might also like
Email when in stock
Please enter your email address below and we will contact you when it comes back in stock.
We will send you an email when this product arrives in stock.